Sunday, May 3, 2009

Things I love about living up north, versus in Phx:

-Looking forward to any time spent outside rather than dreading it.
-Taking walks whenever I want.
-The way my whole body will be warm, but my face (esp. cheeks and nose) is cold…I LOVE that!
-Never hearing “high pollution advisory” on the news.
-How everything moves slower.
-The abundance of plants that aren’t dead.
-Being able to wear beanies!
-The sound of the wind in the trees (my whole life, I think my favorite place in the world has always been my grandparents’ cabin outside of Flagstaff, in the middle of the forest where all you can hear are the animals and the wind in the trees).
-How it can be raining/storming and cold, but there’s tumbleweeds rolling along the ground.
-How you can totally see a million stars in the sky at night!
-The people are nicer (drawback: this is because they're older...which also means they drive well under the speed limit on a regular basis).

That's it for now, but when I think of more, I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment